An estimated 30 percent of traffic congestion every year contributes by drivers searching for parking spots. According to a research conducted by Boston Consulting Group (BCG), people in Kuala Lumpur spend 25 minutes every day searching for parking spot.
TimeTec offers two types of Parking Guidance System, the first is Video Parking Guidance System, which is deploying License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology; the second is Ultrasonic Parking Guidance System, which is using Ultrasonic wave technology. Both are meant to guide users to park their cars effortlessly; hence effectively reduce the search time for parking, increase the parking utilization rate and mitigate congestion.
Since Video Parking Guidance System is using LPR, hence we suggest LPR should be used as the major parking entry and exit method if carpark owner is choosing this guidance system. For Ultrasonic Parking Guidance System, carpark owner can opt for many parking entry- and exit methods including LPR.
Both Guidance Systems can work standalone, and they also can fully integrate with TimeTec Smart Parking Management System to provide better extension of features.
The comparison between two parking guidance systems:
Video Parking Guidance
Ultrasonic Parking Guidance
1. Deploy LPR technology
Deploy Ultrasonic wave technology
2. With Find My Car feature
No Find My Car capability
3. Cover 1-6 carpark bays
One detector for each carpark bay
4. Up to 7 colours for indicator lights
Two colours for indicator lights
5. LPR Camera can use for surveillance
Not using any camera
6. Use LPR as entry & exit for seamless parking experience
Wiring maximum length 200 meters, twisted at least 20
times per meter
Advanced built-in Access Controller
Internal Biometric Identification
Entry Parking Guidance Display
Clear Display of available parking spaces
Representation in form of arrows and digits
from 000 to 999
Indoor Parking Guidance Display
Clear Display of available parking spaces
Representation in form of arrows (three directions available) and digits from 000 to 999
Ultrasonic Parking Place Detector
Adopts ultrasonic detection, suitable for
Two wires to show three different colors
Adjustable detection range
100/1000M adaptive RJ45 Network Port
Supports reverse car tracking system
1. Can your parking guidance systems integrate with our shopping mall app to provide remote parking lots availability check?
Yes. Our parking guidance system be it video guidance or ultrasonic guidance is a part of TimeTec Smart Parking System, it provides API to integrate with any third-party system. In your case, once the parking guidance system established the integration with your shopping mall app, it will provide real time and accurate number of available parking lots anytime users log in to their app.
2. Our shopping mall is sharing the same parking site with a hotel belonged to a different business entity, which means users can come in from the hotel’s parking entrance but park at shopping mall’s parking lot and leave via the shopping mall’s exit, and vice versa. By installing your parking guidance system, do you think we would be able to split the income clearly by knowing which parking lot the individual car has actually parked?
Yes. Only TimeTec Video Parking Guidance System can achieve such objective, but not Ultrasonic Parking Guidance System. This is because Video Parking Guidance System is embedded with License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology, which can identify where a vehicle really parked regardless of its entry and exit points. It achievable with one prerequisite condition that your parking site has to adopt LPR parking system as the only parking method too.
3. How about Find My Car feature, does it only can do on the Car Finder Kiosk, or users can use TimeTec Parking App or integrated third part app like Shopping Mall app to search where they parked their cars?
Yes, same likes parking lot availability check, TimeTec cloud-based parking system back end supports the Find My Car feature on TimeTec Parking App or any integrated app. This feature only applies on Video Parking Guidance System, not Ultrasonic Parking Guidance System.
4. Can I use the same cameras of the Video Parking Guidance System to do the video surveillance as well?
Yes. The video cameras we are using for guidance system can also serve as surveillance purpose to improve carpark security.
5. We have multiple entrances into our shopping mall. Typically patrons will take the parking lots near these entrances first. Using a video parking guidance system, can we charge higher rates for these premium zones to improve our parking revenue?
Yes. You can set different parking rates for different parking zones. The video guidance cameras can identify the bays where users park their vehicles. If the parking rates are set differently according to parking zones, you can charge users differently based on the parking zones.